How to recover Containers.db database
Question: All was going fine until I received an error message “syntax error : could not locate root part“. I tried many times, it bugs every time on the same mail. My incredimail doesnt launch anymore, so I cannot manually delete this mail. I can’t find any docs about this, can you help ?
Answer: You have to repair IncrediMail database file called Containers.db and start the cobversion with healthy database file. Alternatively you may use the recovery version of our converter.
Method #1. Using the command line.
If you’re comfortable with command line, in some cases database could be restored using this method:
- get latest sqlite3.exe from www.sqlite.org
- open your database in sqlite3: “sqlite3 database.db”
- dump your database using sqlite3 command: “.output database.sql” “.dump” “.quit”
- restore sql dump into a new database: “sqlite3 database_new.db” “.read database.sql” “.quit”
The above could rescue corrupt database and make it readable again, so you can export all the recent stuff. I still recommend to re-create database from scratch by re syncing it with the service, then importing the recent notes exported from the rescued database.
Method #2. Using IncrediMail Recovery software.
As alternative, you may use IncrediMail Recovery version of our converter to extract data from IMM files without using Containers.DB. After that you may reinstall IncrediMail and import extracted emails into healthy application. Extracted emails can be imported also to Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, The Bat! and many other email client software.
- Remove (uninstall) the usual IncrediMail Converter if it is installed
- Download and install the IncrediMail recovery tool (special edition of the converter)
- Run installed converter
- Select your Message Store and Attachment directories
- Select .IMM files to be recovered
- Press “Save .EML” button
- Define the folder to save repaired IncrediMail emails
- Wait till the end of the emails extraction procedure
To import emails to IncrediMail or another email client application you have to select email files and drag them to the corresponding folder inside your email client.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.