Migrating from IncrediMail to Windows Live Mail
IncrediMail has always been one of the strongest alternatives to conventional email clients. Unlike regular email programs, IncrediMail is primarily intended for users looking for new ways of expressing themselves in emails, customizing their email tool to their taste and generally having a better everyday experience with their primary communication tool. IncrediMail comes with great-looking interface animations, emoticons, message backgrounds, 3D effects, sounds a whole lot more. However, when an active IncrediMail user is forced to abandon it and switch to something more business-like – no matter the reason – they face the problem of IncrediMail to Windows Live Mail migration. Given that most users of IncrediMail are not exactly system administrators, the prospect of having to handle an Incredimail to Windows Live Mail data conversion process on their own may seem quite discomforting. This task, however, can be accomplished quite easily even in the manual mode, let alone situations where specialized software can come to rescue.
If you happened to be a user who’s about to undertake a large-scale Incredimail to Windows Live Mail migration, you definitely want to use such a tool, since manual conversion only works for transferring a few messages at a time. When it comes to converting an entire message archive accumulated over a period of several years, a specialized Incredimail to Windows Live Mail conversion solution becomes truly indispensable.
How to export IncrediMail to Windows Live Mail
As noted above, every conversion of IncrediMail messages to Windows Live Mail can be either manual or automated to a certain extent. Manual conversion only works for small sets of messages or individual emails and can hardly be used for transferring complete email archives. If you need to export IncrediMail to Windows Live Mail in its entirety, you will definitely need to use a third-party conversion tool, since both of these email clients use their own message formats. Incredimail messages are stored in the MBOX (earlier versions) or IMM format (most recent versions), so you cannot export IncrediMail to Windows Mail simply by copying files to the necessary folder. If you have no idea how to export IncrediMail to Windows Live Mail, you can try the easiest method – sending all of your emails from IcrediMail to any address you have access to. Once done, you can configure a new account in an email application of choice (Windows Live Mail in this case) and download all of your messages at once. The only problem with this scenario is the way your emails are going to look like having the same sender. It may not be a problem for some people (given that the most important messages and files have been copied over), but will be a major disappointment for users looking for ease of searching and navigational comfort.
Windows Live Mail import basics
Windows Live Mail is the successor of Windows Mail that was part of Windows Vista and supports the same data formats. In order to perform Windows Live Mail import, you will first need to make sure that the source files are in the EML format. Conversion of email messages to *.eml is natively supported by most email clients, so if you need to convert some of your emails from IncrediMail, you can use the following method:
- Start IncrediMail and open the mail folder you will be converting emails from
- Find the necessary messages and start dragging and dropping them one by one onto your Windows desktop or to a folder on your hard drive that you will use for Windows Live Mail import
- After copying each file, rename it from email.eml to something else, since all other files copied from IncrediMail in this manner will have the same name
- Continue the process until you have successfully copied all the necessary messages to your hard drive
- Now that you have a set of EML files, you can easily perform Windows Live Mail import by selecting the files and dragging and dropping them into Windows Live Mail
This rather time-consuming method works fine for transferring small batches of emails, but will hardly help you if you need massive Windows Live Mail import.
How to import mail into Windows Live Mail from IncrediMail
If you have a large message archive in IncrediMail and need to import mail into Windows Live Mail, you won’t be able to achieve this goal within a reasonable timeframe using manual methods only. In this case, you will need a special tool like IncrediMail to Outlook Converter that will save you a fair amount of time and effort, and will make sure that the conversion is done properly.
IncrediMail to Outlook Converter was initially designed to facilitate email migration from Incredimail to Outlook, but since it supports bulk conversion of IMM files to EML, it can be used to import mail into Windows Live Mail as well. The program is intended for the mass market and therefore requires absolutely no data conversion skills or specific knowledge. The minimalistic user interface will not confuse even the most inexperienced users willing to import mail into Windows Live Mail, so if you are facing the problem of moving your emails from Incredimail, this handy tool will be a perfect choice. To import mail into Windows Live Mail using Incredimail to Outlook Converter, follow these simple instructions:
- Start Incredimail to Outlook Converter. If IncrediMail is installed on your computer, the program will automatically locate the folders with your messages and attachments and fill out the corresponding fields. Otherwise, you will have to manually specify their location on your hard drive.
- You can specify which IncrediMail IMM files should be converted by selecting them from a list in the left part of the program window.
- Once done, click the “Save .EML” button. The program will show you a standard folder selection dialog. Select a folder to be used for storing converted messages. Incredimail to Outlook Converter will create a separate folder for each IMM file selected at Step 2 and fill them with converted Incredimail messages.
- When this process is completed, you are ready to import mail into Windows Live Mail. Open the folder with converted files, select the ones you need and simply drag and drop them into your Windows Live Mail window.
This is the end of the IMM to EML conversion process.
An efficient solution for Windows Live email transfer
As you see, Windows Live email transfer becomes extremely simple with the right program at hand. Incredimail to Outlook Converter is not just a one-click solution for Incredimail to Outlook email migration, but also an efficient tool for transferring your Incredimail emails to a number of email clients, including Windows Live Mail. This software is as simple as it gets, saves a tremendous amount of effort and time compared to manual Windows Live email migrations and comes at a price you can definitely afford. Don’t waste money on specialized Windows Live email conversion services – IncrediMail to Outlook Converter will help you do it on your own in just a fraction of their regular time and budget. And if you need to perform Windows Live email migrations on a more or less regular basis, IncrediMail to Outlook Converter should definitely become a part of your standard toolkit!
One Response to “Migrating from IncrediMail to Windows Live Mail”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.